|Nevada Adult Foster Care Homes
The State of Nevada employs the phrase "Home for Individual
Residential Care" instead of the more-traditional "Adult Foster
Care Home". Nevada defines a Home for Individual Residential
Care as "... a home in which a natural person furnishes food,
shelter, assistance and limited supervision, with compensation, to
not more than two persons ... who are aged or infirm...".
Just to underscore this: Nevada's licensed Adult Foster Care
Homes are only permitted two (2) residents per home. This
residency restriction is certainly a strong limiting factor on the
number of licensed Adult Foster Care Homes operating in Nevada.
That being said, there are many Nevada Assisted Living
Facilities with bed-counts less than 10. (Example: At the time
of this writing there are over 40 licensed Las Vegas Assisted
Living Facilities with a capacity of less-than-10-beds.) The
lower-capacity facilities are apt to offer lower rates than ALF's with
greater capacities; if you're looking for a senior care solution to
conform to a tight budget, don't ignore the lower-capacity segment of the Nevada Assisted Living Facilities. Our
profiles on the Nevada ALF pages will cite each facility's bed-count so you can focus your search accordingly.
Nevada Adult Foster Care Home Directors
The Director of a licensed Nevada Adult Foster Care Home must meet the following
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have earned a High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Possess appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the needs of the home's
- Assess and document the residents' abilities to function independently
- Determine areas for which each resident requires assistance, document these and make
them part of the care plan developed for director and caregiver guidance
- Treat residents with respect and dignity
- Provide the residents with balanced diets to meet their nutritional needs
- Maintain and enhance the residents' physical, mental and emotional well-being
- Provide the residents protective supervision and adequate services
- Post the staff names and telephone numbers of the applicable State of Nevada HHS
Bureau of Aging Services Division with whom complaints can be registered
Nevada Adult Foster Care Home Caregivers
Caregivers employed by licensed Nevada Adult Foster Care Homes must meet the following
- Be capable of meeting the assessed needs of the residents
- Pass a pre-employment TB screening
- Obtain First Aid and CPR training/certifications
- When on duty, be on the premises of the Adult Foster Care Home at all times when a
resident is present
Safety and Sanitation Requirements for Licensed Nevada Adult Foster Care Homes
- Exterior of Home: Must be clean and free of hazards and offensive odors
- Must contain appropriate and well-maintained furnishings
- Must have at least 1 (one) functioning portable fire extinguisher
- Must have an easily-accessible First Aid Kit
- Must have equipment sufficiently clean and adequate for the preparation, serving and
storage of foods
- Interior room temperatures of the home must be maintained at levels comfortable and safe
- Portable heaters are prohibited in the home
Inspections of Licensed Nevada Adult Foster Care Homes
Each Nevada Home for Individual Residential Care (Adult Foster Care Home) will submit to an
initial on-site survey inspection (conducted by the State of Nevada Health and Human Services'
State Health Division) after an application is submitted and just before a license is granted.
Subsequently, on-site inspection surveys will be conducted not less than every three (3) years.
To see a complete list of Nevada Home for Individual Residential Care license requirements,
please consult the Nevada state website: www.health.nv.gov.
|Featured Nevada Adult Foster Care Homes
|Conestoga House, LLC
Carson City, Nevada
|Conestoga House, LLC is a Nevada state licensed Home for Individual
Residential Care in Carson City, Nevada. The Conestoga House, LLC is
owned and operated by Nancy Hunter and offers a 2-bed count capacity
for Adult Foster Care. Just across 395 from the Carson Tahoe Regional
Health Care campus, Conestoga House is a large, spacious home with
beautiful tree and shrubbery landscaping; the house sits on a large lot
with a wonderful vista view of the surrounding desert landscape.
33 Conestoga Drive, Carson City, Nevada 98706 | (775) 883-5234
|Emerald Garden Care
North Las Vegas, Nevada
|Emerald Garden Care in North Las Vegas, Nevada, is a
state-licensed Home for Individual Care. Emerald Garden Care, owned
and operated by Teodora Borromeo, is centrally and conveniently
located in North Las Vegas.
4001 San Diego Street, N. Las Vegas, NV 89032 | (702) 985-7278