|Las Vegas Nevada In-Home Care Agencies
|Types of Nevada In-Home Care
The State of Nevada classifies licensed in-home care services
into two categories:
- Personal Care Agencies - A Nevada Personal Care Agency
(PCA) is the equivalent to the widely-used categorization:
Non-Medical In-Home Care Service.
- Home Health Care Services - Nevada Home Health Care
(HHC) Services are licensed to provide patients with skilled
nursing services, various therapeutic services and Home
Health Aide services (providing the attending home health
aide holds nursing assistant certificate issued by the
Nevada State Board of Nursing). A Home Health Care
Service wishing to provide non-medical in-home health
care for clients must have a valid state Personal Care
Agency license in addition to their state HHC license.
Nevada Personal Care Agencies (PCA)
Licensed by the State of Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Nevada Personal
Care Agencies are regulated by the Nevada State Bureau of Health Care Quality and
Compliance (HCQC). Anyone applying for a Nevada PCA license must submit to a fingerprint
background check conducted by the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History
which includes an FBI-level check as well.
Nevada Personal Care Agency Administrator Requirements
Administrators of Nevada Personal Care Agencies must meet the following requirements:
|Click Here for Home Health Care Services
- Be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma (or
- Be responsible and mature with qualities enabling him/her to
understand the problems of the elderly and disabled.
- Understand the provisions of all State of Nevada statutes and
regulations governing the licensing and operation of Personal Care
- Demonstrate the ability to speak, write and read (with comprehension)
the English language
Nevada Personal Care Agency Care Giver Requirements
Care givers employed by Personal Care Agencies in Nevada are required to
meet a number of pre-employment and post-employment conditional and
performance standards. Care givers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide references which the PCA is obligated to check and document
- Pass a criminal background check at both state and federal levels
- Possess a valid state driver's license and current liability insurance (if
the care giver is going to be transporting clients)
- Obtain a First Aid and CPR card within six (6) months of date-of-hire
- Receive complete personal care classroom training before providing
in-home care services to clients and receive on-the-job training while
under administrative supervision
Personal Care Agencies in the State of Nevada are subject to many more operational
requirements which govern activities such as employee hiring practices, record keeping,
prohibited activities such as phone calls made from clients' homes, etc. To find out more about
Nevada PCA rules and regulations, go to their website: www.health.nv.gov/HCQC/PCA.
Nevada Personal Care Agency Licensed Services
Nevada Personal Care Agencies are licensed to provide the following
services to their clients:
- Dressing, undressing, bathing and grooming
- Elimination of wastes from the body
- Preparation and eating of meals
- Laundry, Shopping, Cleaning and Transportation/Errands
- Any other minor needs related to the maintenance of personal hygiene.
PCA Care Givers
to submit to a
|PCA Care Givers
must be trained in
First Aid and CPR
Featured Las Vegas Nevada Personal Care Agencies
Care-4Life, a Las Vegas, Nevada non-medical in-home care service, is a
member of the Senior's Choice Network of in-home care agencies.
Care4Life's owner, Stuart Levy, is very involved in the Las Vegas
community and is actively involved in the Las Vegas Rotary Club and the
Las Vegas Diabetes Lion's Club. Care4Life's services are provided by
caring professionals and include assistance with all ADL's.
(702) 233-9699 | www.lasvegascare4life.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comfort Keepers in Henderson, Nevada is a non-medical in-home
care agency serving the Henderson-Las Vegas region since 2004.
With a BBB "A" rating, Comfort Keepers of Henderson offers a
complete range of non-medical in-home Personal Care Services
including assistance with ADL's, laundry and light housekeeping,
medication reminders, meal preparation and much, more! Ask about
their trademarked Interactive Caregiving service!
(702) 360-7475 | www.comfortkeepers.com